An Annual Wellness Visit is different from a routine physical. It is a focused review of your current health and coming up with a plan to reduce your risks. “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” – Benjamin Franklin
Why should you have a Medicare Annual Wellness Visit?
- If you have Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage plan, you are entitled to an Annual Wellness Visit (AWV)
- It is 100% paid for by Medicare
- Taking advantage of this visit is a great way to be proactive about your health
What to expect at an Annual Wellness Visit?
- Review of your medical and family history
- Review of your medications and specialists
- Measurement of your height, weight, and blood pressure
- Screening for depression and memory loss
- Advance Care Planning discussion
- Medical advice from you provider about health concerns or risk factors
- Instructions from your provider about necessary follow-up test
What should I bring to my Annual Wellness Visit?
- A list of current medications and dosages
- A list of health care providers you see and their contact information
- A list of questions you may have for your provider