Become a Helping Hand
Volunteers are a vital, valued part of the care and services we provide at Johnson Memorial Health Services. Volunteering can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. We have many opportunities for youth and adults to volunteer. With over 100 dedicated helping hands, Johnson Memorial is a great place to be a volunteer. Our Helping Hands volunteer with Meals on Wheels, hospital and clinic events and Care Center activities.
Some Ways to Serve
Care Center & Assisted Living:
- Companionship – visiting and reading with residents
- Assisting with Bingo and other regular activities – weekdays and weekends.
- Transporting residents to and from activities on and off campus
- Attend Men’s Coffee Club and Friday Afternoon Club
- Taking residents for walks weather permitting and bus and golf cart rides.
- Providing music, crafts, art or other programs for residents or patients.
- Office projects including mailings, packets etc
- Regular manicure opportunities for residents
- Assisting with gardening and bird feeders
- Service Learning Opportunities for Students
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Driver for our community Meals-on-Wheels program
- Help with Flu Shot clinics and other miscellaneous programs
- Fundraising opportunities
- Help with Holiday fun –decorating, trick-or-treat night, 4th of July etc
What does it take to become a Volunteer at JMHS??
- Fill out an application (request one or print off the one below)
- Pass a background check
- Share references
- Complete training
Please contact Gail Schlimme at (320) 312-2115 for more information or stop by the Activities Office located in the Cafe in the Care Center. Feel free to print, fill out and submit the Application below.