The Epic EMR is one of the most widely used software and supports over 40 different healthcare specialties. The patient portal, MyChart, powered through Epic, is used by 78% of patients in the United States and by over 3% of patients worldwide in 2022.
The move to Epic EMR will improve efficiency and communication for our medical providers, staff, and patients. Patients and their provider will be able to easily share medical record information with their healthcare team and have access to medical history. The patient portal through “My Chart” will allow quicker access to view their health information, request prescription refills, schedule appointments, have telehealth visits, communicate with your medical provider, and even pay your bill.
The Epic software platform is only available to large hospitals. Smaller hospitals may purchase the system through larger healthcare organizations. Because JMHS is not considered a large hospital organization, we were required to purchase the Epic software through a larger hospital organization. Following positive transitions from several neighboring hospitals, JMHS chose to purchase the EMR system through CentraCare. JMHS remains an independent healthcare facility and is only working with CentraCare to make this important upgrade to our EMR system.
October 3 -28: Staff in-person training
In-person training for receptionists, business office, HIM, clinic, hospital, rehabilitation, outreach, laboratory, and radiology staff.
What this means for you: During training, the providers are split into different groups, so the clinic and hospital are always covered. While we are still taking appointments, this means your preferred provider may not be able to see you on a designated training day.
October 31 – November 4: Dress Rehearsal
Departments will begin using the Epic EMR system. Epic trainers will be on-site to help guide staff and answer questions.
What this means for you: We anticipate clinic appointments taking slightly longer during this time and for several weeks after our November 5 go-live date.
November 5: Go-Live
JMHS begins using Epic EMR System.
What this means for you: Once we go live, Epic trainers from CentraCare will be on site for several weeks to ensure a smooth transition. The Epic software platform is only available to large hospitals. Therefore, JMHS purchased the EMR system through CentraCare. JMHS remains an independent healthcare facility and is only working with CentraCare to make this important upgrade to our EMR system.
The patient portal will move from MyCareCorner to MyChart. You will still be able to access your MyCareCorner information; however, it will not be updated. The patient portal, MyChart, powered through Epic, is used by 78% of patients in the United States and by over 3% of patients worldwide in 2022. With MyChart, you can:
- Access all of your MyChart accounts with a single username and password.
- Share your health information from one organization with another.
- Store the most recent copy of your MyChart medical record from any linked organization.
MyChart has apps are available for both Apple and Android users.
MyChart In-person & Zoom Training November 21 in JMHS Conference Room.
Please join us in person or on zoom to learn about all the amazing features in MyChart. We will have both JMHS and Epic Trainers on-site. Please bring your laptop, tablet or mobile device with you. Registration only required for Zoom.
8:00 am – Sign up for MyChart
9:00 am – Training/Zoom Session
Registration for 9:00 am Class – https://us06web.zoom.us/…/tZwtfuivqDsqH903BSfTVCD…
4:30 pm – Signup for MyChart
5:30 pm – Training/Zoom Session
Registration for 5:30 pm Class – https://us06web.zoom.us/…/tZwude2ppj0rE9InYnCjyhmN0…
Click here for more information on MyChart.
- Appointments or services incurred after November 5th, 2022, will be billed on our new statements. You can easily and securely pay your bill online through MyChart. Please see the enclosed document to view our updated statements.
- Appointments or services billed before November 5th, 2022, will not be listed on the new statements. This means if you have a balance on our old system, you will receive two statements until it’s paid. Please pay all bills as directed on the statement. We will continue to have the online bill pay portal on our website for several months. We understand that receiving two different statements may be confusing, and we encourage you to contact the business office with any questions at 320-312-2136.
- You can still use the drop box at the front clinic entrance to pay your bill.
JMHS is extremely excited about our upgrade to the Epic EMR system and the significant improvements to our patient portal with MyChart.