On Saturday, November 5th, Johnson Memorial Health Services will be switching our current Electronic Medical Record (EMR) from Centriq to Epic software. The Epic EMR is one of the most widely used software and supports over 40 different healthcare specialties. Over 300 million people have their health information in Epic. We hope to make the transition as smooth as possible for our patients, but there are a few items that we wanted you to know.
The patient portal will move from MyCareCorner to MyChart. You will still be able to access your MyCareCorner information; however, it will not be updated. The patient portal, MyChart, powered through Epic, is used by 78% of patients in the United States and by over 3% of patients worldwide in 2022. With MyChart, you can:
- Access all of your MyChart accounts with a single username and password.
- Share your health information from one organization with another.
- Store the most recent copy of your MyChart medical record from any linked organization.
MyChart has apps are available for both Apple and Android users. Visit our website at www.jmhsmn.org for more information or to sign up. We will also have onsite MyChart Ambassadors available to assist you,
- Appointments or services incurred after November 5th, 2022, will be billed on our new statements. You can easily and securely pay your bill online through MyChart. Please see the enclosed document to view our updated statements.
- Appointments or services billed before November 5th, 2022, will not be listed on the new statements. This means if you have a balance on our old system, you will receive two statements until it’s paid. Please pay all bills as directed on the statement. We will continue to have the online bill pay portal on our website for several months. We understand that receiving two different statements may be confusing, and we encourage you to contact the business office with any questions at 320-312-2136.
- You can still use the drop box at the front clinic entrance to pay your bill.
- As we begin utilizing the Epic EMR system, we anticipate minimal disruptions but appreciate your patience as we enter information and navigate the new system.
Once we go live, Epic trainers from CentraCare will be on site for several weeks to ensure a smooth transition. The Epic software platform is only available to large hospitals. Therefore, JMHS purchased the EMR system through CentraCare. JMHS remains an independent healthcare facility and is only working with CentraCare to make this important upgrade to our EMR system.
JMHS is extremely excited about our upgrade to the Epic EMR system and the significant improvements to our patient portal with MyChart.