Johnson Memorial Health Services (JMHS) offers COVID-19 testing to anyone requesting to be tested. JMHS encourages individuals to get tested if they have symptoms or have recently been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. JMHS has both the Abbott ID NOW and the SARS Coronavirus 2 RNA Detection (Mayo Test) COVID Tests. Testing protocols have been developed by JMHS’ COVID-19 Infection Prevention Team under the recommendations provided by MDH and CDC.
Symptomatic Testing for Covid-19:
- Symptoms of COVID-19 can include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, fatigue, congestion, or loss of taste or smell. Other less common symptoms include gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after you are exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Not everyone with COVID-19 has all of these symptoms, and some people may not have any symptoms.
- Call the COVID Triage Hotline at 320-312-2155. A nurse will ask you several questions before determining if you need to be seen in the ER immediately or will assist in scheduling you an appointment in the Respiratory Clinic.
Asymptomatic Testing for Covid-19:
- Test 5-7 days after LAST KNOWN CONTACT with positive patient.
- Monday thru Friday 8:30am-4:30pm. Call the receptionist at 320-769-4323 to schedule a test collection.
JMHS also has the COVID-19/SARS CoV2 IgG Ab test. This is a blood antibody test used to determine if you’ve had the Coronavirus. It is intended to be used as an aid to identify individuals who have an immune response, indicating recent or prior infection with COVID-19. It is unknown as to whether you are protected from a repeat infection if you’re positive with the antibodies. Testing is only recommended in individuals at least 10 days post-symptom onset or following exposure to individuals with confirmed COVID-19. This test is available during regular clinic hours. If you are interested in being tested please call your primary care provider at 320-769-4393. For more information visit our COVID-19 page on our website at www.jmhsmn.org.