Laboratory out-patients should report to registration upon arrival.
The written physician order may be sent to the lab by your physician in advance of your visit, or you may bring the order with you. All written orders are required to contain the names of the tests and the reason for each test, such as the diagnosis or symptoms of your illness. Written physician orders are only accepted from licensed practitioners.
- Please bring photo identification and your insurance card for registration.
- It is helpful to schedule some tests, such as a glucose tolerance test, in advance. Please call the lab for arrangements and instructions. 320-769-4323 x2193.
- DAT testings is also available.
Direct Lab Access Testing
- A physician’s order is not required for these tests.
- The tests are available Monday through Friday from 7:30 am – 5:00 pm; no appointment needed.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
- You must pay for the tests in advance by cash or check; insurance will not be billed, please have picture ID available at time of service.
- The results will be sent directly to you, and you are encouraged to share them with your healthcare provider.
- If your test requires fasting* please follow these instructions:
- Do not eat or drink anything for eight hours before you test. – If you are having a lipid test, do not drink alcohol 48 hours before the test.
- You may drink normal amounts of water before your test. Do not drink any other liquids. This includes coffee, decaffeinated coffee, tea or juice.
- On the day of your test, do not smoke, chew gum, or exercise before your test.
- Take your medicines as directed, unless your health care provider has given you other instructions
Collection fee for procedures not performed by JMHS (includes phlebotomy and regular mailing) $25
Contact JMHS Laboratory with questions at 320-769-4323.