If a patient would like an estimated bill or would like to request pricing information. Please contact Valerie Olson, Business Office Manager, direct at 320-312-2118 or by email email@example.com
Medical billing and insurance can be complicated. Below you will find a list of frequently asked questions and answers.
- When do I pay a copay?
- If your insurance card indicates a copay is required, you will be asked to pay it when you check in for your appointment. Johnson Memorial Health Services accepts cash, checks, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and debit cards.
- Is my visit, test, or procedure covered by my insurance?
- Your insurance company may or may not cover services provided at Johnson Memorial Health Services. We accept most major insurance plans. Please contact your insurance company for benefit-specific questions and to see if your insurance is accepted at Johnson Memorial Health Services.Your insurance company can tell you if you need a referral, if you need to pay a deductible, or if you have any other restrictions.
- Can I get an estimate for a service?
- Yes. Call the Patient Accounts office at 320-769-4393 to receive a good-faith estimate based on the information you provide. Please be aware that actual charges maybe greater or less than the estimate, depending on the level of service provided or if services are different than what is requested before the actual visit. We are not able to tell if the requested service is covered by your individual insurance plan. Please call your insurance company to confirm coverage. The phone number of your insurance company can be found on the back of your insurance card.
- What is my deductible?
- A deductible is the amount of a claim each policy holder agrees to pay annually for medial care. To learn your specific deductible, please contact your insurance company.
- Why do I owe a balance if I have insurance coverage?
- Every insurance plan provides different benefits and may not fully cover your visit. If you feel there is a billing error, first compare your JMHS statement with the “Explanation of Benefits” your insurance company provided. If they match, you owe the amount on your bill. If the amounts don’t match, please contact the Patient Accounts office at 320-769-4393 or toll free at 888-769-2164.If you feel your insurance company has denied a charge in error or processed your charge incorrectly, please contact the costumer service telephone number on the back of your insurance card.
- Why did I receive a bill for a routine physical or preventive exam?
- Some insurance plans, such as Medicare, do not cover physical exams or preventative visits. Contract your insurance company to see if physical examinations or preventive visits are covered.If other medical conditions were addressed during your exam that required more evaluation, your may be billed for that service. Insurance carriers require accurate reporting from doctors when preventive care and additional problems are addressed during the same visit. So while you may be taking care of two health care concerns at one time, your insurer may see it as taking care of two office visits in one and assessed your benefits accordingly.
- How can I get an itemized bill?
- If you want an itemized bill, please call the Patient Accounts office at 320-769-4393.
- I didn’t get a receipt, how do I get one?
- Please call the Patient Accounts office at 320-769-4393.
- Is financial assistance available?
- Johnson Memorial Health Services offers several different options to help you pay off your bill.
- How do I know if I qualify for Medial Assistance?
- Minnesota offers several health care programs to people who qualify. Please see the following information on Medial Assistance (MA) to help you determine possible eligibility.
- To Qualify for MA, you must
- Live in Minnesota
- Meet income and asset limits
- Be one of the following
- Under age 21
- A parent of a minor child
- Age 65 or older
- Blind or disabled
- To Qualify for MA, you must
- Do you offer a discount for uninsured patients at Johnson Memorial Health Services?
- The Uninsured discount program is designed to assist Johnson Memorial Health Services patients who are uninsured and gross income for the family is less than $125,000.To apply for the Uninsured discount, please complete the Uninsured Discount Application and mail it to the following address:Johnson Memorial Health Services
Attn: Patient Accounts Manager
1282 Walnut Street
Click here for Uninsured Discount ApplicationIf you have any questions, please call the Patient Accounts office at 320-769-4393 or toll free at 888-769-2164.
- How can I pay my bill?
- You can mail cash, check, or complete the credit card formon the front of your billing statement to the address listed on the statement or the address below.Johnson Memorial Health Services
Attn: Cash Receipts
1282 Walnut Street
- How can I change my insurance information?
- You can update your insurance information or billing address by fax or by calling the Patient Accounts office.Fax a copy of the front and back of your insurance card to 320-769-2972. Please include your account number or name and date of birth. Please do this with each family member.You can also call the Patient Accounts office at 320-769-4393 to update your information.
- How may I contact Patient Accounts with billing questions?
- By Phone
- Call Patient Accounts at 320-769-4393 or toll free at 888-769-2164, Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., with any billing questions.
- We welcome walk-in inquiries Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- In Person
- Can I e-mail you my billing questions?
- You can email us questions about your bill, but we will respond by telephone, as standard email does not offer protection of your confidential information.