About the Challenge
Johnson Memorial Health Services and Ambient Chiropractic P.A. are pleased to announce a joint wellness program. This five-week challenge is designed to encourage healthy eating choices and physical activity. Excess weight contributes to an increased risk of heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and some cancers. Make a commitment to yourself and to your health. Enroll now for the Maintain Not Gain challenge and enjoy the holidays without gaining weight.
- Maintain your weight within two pounds throughout holiday season
- Increase your knowledge about healthy habits Each week participants will receive a healthy tip to help keep them motivated!
- Continue being physically active during the
First Weigh-In: November 25-29
Week 1: Monday, December 1
Week 2: Monday, December 9
Week 3: Monday, December 16
Week 4: Monday, December 23
Week 5: Monday, December 30
Last Weigh-In: January 6-10, 2014
How to Get Started
You can sign up at JMHS Therapy Department and Ambient Chiropractic P.A. or online below and at www.ambientchiro.com. Cost is $10 to join. All money is being donated to the food shelf. You must weigh in at either JMHS or Ambiant at the beginning and the end of the challenge if you want to count weight loss during the program.
- Go to www.jmhsmn.org and click on Maintain not Gain logo located on the bottom of the page.
- Click on Track My Points enter your name, week and check the box showing you did 150 fit minutes that week.
Paper Based Tracking
- Pick up form from JMHS Therapy Department or Ambient Chiropractic P.A.
- Track regular physical activity
- Complete form with name, week and fit minute totals and turn into JMHS Therapy Department, Ambient Chiropractic P.A. or Jordan Wager’s class at Grace Lutheran Church on a weekly basis.
- Each week you enter showing you obtained 150 fit minutes your name will be entered toward the grand prize drawing.
- You can earn up to 5 drawing entries for obtaining each weeks fit minutes.
- You will earn an extra entry into the drawing by maintaining your weight within two pounds.
- Those who have lost weight will earn an extra
entry for each pound lost.
On January 12 one lucky participant will win a Fitbit and a Health and Wellness Basket. A Fitbit is a fancy pedometer that calculates activity levels, sleep patterns, and can be linked to your computer to enter nutrition information. (Estimated value of prizes
This Holiday Season make plans to join us with the Maintain not Gain challenge. Click here to print out a registration form, or enter online below.